2022/2023 academic year spring semester
The University of Debrecen, within the framework of the project 2022-1-HU01-KA131-HED-000063955, invites applications for mobility for study purposes (partial studies for 2-10 months) under the Erasmus+ programme, for the spring semester academic year 2022/23.
About the ERASMUS+ programme
Erasmus+ is a European Union programme covering education, training, youth and sport.
1. Objective of the programme
The objective of the programme is to give university students and opportunity to gain educational, linguistic and cultural experience in a higher education institution in another programme country. Study abroad mobility should contribute to the student's academic progress and personal development.
2. Eligible applicants
Students enrolled at the University of Debrecen (bachelor, master, master's, doctoral and higher vocational education, full-time and part-time) who have a legal student status at the university. Individuals in a doctoral candidate status are not eligible to apply. Recipients of the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship can only participate in the programme after their studies.
3. Eligible activities
Study mobility of higher education students (duration: 2-12 months).
Combination of studies and placements (duration: 2-12 months).
4. Countries participating in the programme
Member States of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden)
Non-EU Member States participating in the programme: Republic of Northern Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Serbia.
From the 2021 application year onwards, mobility to partner countries will also be possible under the conditions set out in a separate call for proposals.
General conditions for participation
The sending and host higher education institutions must be in possiession of an Erasmus+ Charter for Higher Education.
The applicant must be a Hungarian citizen or a foreign national in possiession of a residence permit. The applicant must be studying for a degree at the University of Debrecen on a full-time or part-time basis.
The host institution can be chosen from the list of partner institutions with which the University of Debrecen has signed an Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreement, and which are to be found in the online partner database of the University of Debrecen.
The applicant must pass the institutional assessment.
The applicant must be in possession of the necessary language skills (language of study at the partner university) and can provide credible evidence of his/her language skills at the time of the application. The language competences of the student will be verified in a way required by the European Commission (online assessment after selection and after return home).
The period of study may be combined with an internship, whereby the internship is part of the study mobility and takes place under the supervision of the same host higher education institution as the one where the student is studying. The stipend amounts for such a "combined period" are the same as the rates for the study period.
Students enrolled in PhD programmes may participate in study mobility programmes of either short duration (5-30 days) or normal duration (2-12 months).
Study mobility and internships may be „blended” in form, meaning that they can be a combination of physical and virtual mobility. The virtual component of such a mobility may be online cooperative learning or group work.
Students may also participate in so-called Blended Intensive Programmes (BIP): these are activities with a minimum of 3 ECTS credits, consisting of a short physical component (5-30 days) and a virtual component.
The maximum cumulative duration of Erasmus+ mobility in a training cycle can be 12 months (zero grant mobility included). The length of mobility in previous programme periods should also be added (even if it was a zero grant mobility). One-tier training covers two cycles, so the maximum cumulative mobility duration for students participating in one-tier-training training is 24 months.
A written learning agreement must be concluded before the start of study abroad period. The activity during the mobility period must fit in with the applicant's study plan and degree programme at the home university. The learning agreement must be approved by both the home and host univesrities.
At the end of the period of study, the host institution abroad must issue a certificate of completion of the study programme and of the results obtained (transcript of records).
The home institution is obliged to seek full acceptance of the courses completed at the host institution, as recorded in the learning agreement.
Applicants must be enrolled as active students at their home institutions during their study period abroad, and are entitled to receive study grants or other loans to which they are usually entitled. They must also pay their tuition fees and other regular fees to the home institution during their study period abroad. They are exempt from tuition fees at the host institution and enjoy the same rights as all students enrolled at the host institution.
The applicant must remain an active student at the home institution until the end of the mobility period.
6. Documents required for the ERASMUS+ Student Study Abroad application
Attention! Documents must be submitted online in electronic format only (scanned original documents in pdf format).
- An academic transcript of records for the semesters completed so far at the University of Debrecen (at least 1 semester). In the case of Master's and PhD programmes, if the applicant has not yet completed his/her first semester, a certificate of the last semester of the previous Bachelor's or Master's programme may be submitted. The certificate must include the subjects completed and the scholarship index. Certificates must be certified by the Registrar’s Office;
- Proof of language proficiency of at least level B2 (language examination certificate of the language of study, or certificate of language proficiency from the language tutor);
- A CV in English in Europass format, with a facial photograph;
- A letter of motivation stating the applicant's objectives and the planned studies to be undertaken abroad. It should also include information on the university, semester and period for which the applicant is submitting his/her application (this document is to be submitted using the online application form);
- Faculties and departments may impose additional requirements on applicants;
- Proof of academic/scientific work (optional);
- Recommendation (optional).
7. Conditions for mobility for ERASMUS+ students
- A positive decision on the application by the relevant faculty committee and a positive assessment at institutional level.
- Proof of an active students status for the period the applicant intends to spend abroad.
- The intended host institution's willingness to host the applicant abroad.
- A learning agreement must be signed by the applicant and the representatives of both the host and home institutions before the start of the study abroad: https://learning-agreement.eu/ The learning agreement must contain the list of courses (with ECTS credit numbers) to be completed at the partner university, and the equivalent courses at the University of Debrecen (with ECTS credit numbers).
- Permission of the Faculty Educational Subcommittee (depending on the faculty).
- European Union health insurance card, or medical and accident insurance valid in the host country.
- If required by the host country, a valid student Visa. It is the responsibility of the applicant to comply with host country legal requirements.
- Completion of the European Commission's online language assessment, if the student is studying in one of the languages indicated and it is not their mother tongue.
8. The amount of the grant
Please note that the scholarship does not necessarily cover all costs incurred during your stay abroad, which may need to be supplemented from other sources.
Participants who choose an environmentally friendly/environmentally conscious form of travel, i.e. any alternative to travelling by air between countries, will receive a lump sum contribution of €50 to supplement their individual grant and, and where applicable, an additional individual grant of up to 4 days to cover travel days.
Students with fewer opportunities are entitled to an additional €250 per month on top of their individual support under the EU Erasmus+ grant. The equal opportunities grant is paid on the basis of a separate application.
Deadline for application: 30 September 2022
Results of the selection will be available by: 15 October2022